Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Bears Lose and an "I should write that down"

Hi everyone...hope this post finds everyone in the best of health, mentally and physically. Yes, the Bears lost, so the mental health needs to be looked after! So I chose not to call any of the people who were seriously watching the game...because they probably would have gotten annoyed by my "Hey, we've got a good team for next year" attitude. So, now it's time to focus on the Illini...the Bulls aren't playing too well...and the Cubs don't ramp up for a bit...

Okay...so in talking to a friend, I came upon a thought..."Stress management is just a matter of perspective." Yes, I know it's quite a simplification...but in thinking about it, I think there's some truth to it. Stressors in our life are often about our state of being, and in general, most of those that I know (including me) have a good state of being. Its not likely that everything will change based on one thing, and our lives will be tremendously impacted by any one thing. I've been through a single thing turning life upside down...and that was stressful. If I hadn't forced myself to step back and survey the whole scene though, I probably would have been more of a mess than I was. So my point is, it might be helpful to try to step away from a stressor for a moment, and assess it's impact in the larger scope. That might help to gain a different frame of mind, and aid one in reducing the impact of the stressor.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my opinion you are mistaken. I can prove it. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home