Friday, June 26, 2009

In Africa

So the internet on my phone does work. I'm actually on the plane inkilamanjaro, waiting to go to Dar. Trip has been fine so far. I satnext to an older gentleman on the way to amsterdam, and she sharedmany stories of his upbringing and his life. While most stories andthoughts were of an average retiree in America, he told me some veryinteresting things. First, he was on his way to budapest, to see acousin, who he got in touch with within the last ten years or so.He's third generation American, yet he sought out his roots, and goesto visit the family every year. This year they will be going to theukraine by bus, and doing a tour. Also, in the early 60's, he wasstationed in Berlin. He shared stories of how life was there in thefour zone city.
Flight to KJO was less talkative, I sat next to a couple from Arusha.Nice people. I helped them use the entertainment system. The wifekept trying to look out the window, wanting to see the sea. I thoughtthis was odd, since water is the most boring scenary from a plane, butshe must never have seen it. Flying over the sahara desert wasinteresting...just vast tracks of sand, and what appeared to benothing else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home