Monday, October 23, 2006

Fast Talking

Any of you that know me realize that I talk pretty fast...most of the time. What I've also realized is that I know lots of fast talkers, in fact it's sort of useful, because the intake and output of information is quite fast. Further, conversations that fast talkers have seem to be followed only by other fast talkers, which makes going to the car dealership sometimes useful, since the salesmen don't tend to be fast talkers...that is of course unless they are fast talkers themselves...

Anyway...so what's my point...my point is there's another characteristic of us fast talkers...we jump the gun, we assume that we know the whole situation in the span of a few seconds, because many times we do. I've noticed recently, though, that I find myself being exasperated more and more by the lack of understanding the whole picture. I've seen this at work, and outside of work, via interactions with my friends. Clearly, I'm guilty of this too, as I'm just as fast of a talker, walker, and even balker as anyone else. I see that its probably frustrating to others who are trying to get to a point that is far different than my conclusion. Aside from the times when this is done to be funny, I'm sure it's really annoying. So what's the point of this blog...the point is that while fast talkers like me might think faster than the non-fast talking crowd...we probably annoy at a higher rate too...so shift to a lower gear, slow down a bit...take in some more gas, and understanding everything will help you accelerate to the end alot faster!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home