Sunday, August 06, 2006

Wedding Bells

NO!

In answer to question number one from all you all presumptious people...no, there are no wedding bells ringing for me...so really, just relax, have fun...and read on...

So there were wedding bells this weekend for my cousin, actually, she's "technically" a niece, since her grandmother and my father are first cousins...that means I'm her 2nd uncle...if that makes sense...if you're brown and reading this, yeah, it does...if not, it probably doesn't...and for the others...well, let's just say she's a cousin.

Anyway...a grand ceremony with a garba (an evening of dancing), the wedding itself, and the reception (PAR-TAAY) to cap it off, was order of the day. Everyone involved surely had a wonderful time, despite the "post-mortem" as some would call it...yes, yes, the rehashing of what went "wrong" and what could have been done better...it's like the "Sunday Morning Wedding Planner"...really, kind of funny...the unspoken part of it though, is the understanding that a wedding is hard work, and minor details always slip through the cracks!

Single guys are supposed to meet people at weddings...really, this is what I was told at the end of the wedding ceremony...it was supposed to be motivation to go ahead and get some wedding bells of my own...you know...the kind you wear on your ankles...hehe...kidding...I'm not a big fan of those...they are too loud when I take a step! ;)

Seriously though...the theme of the night beyond the actual wedding and reception was that me and another cousin (same deal, technically a nephew...) need to be looking to get married...when are we going to spring the good news on the world...you know...becausse that's the only useful good news around! Okay, okay, so it's not unreasonable for folks to give us a hard time...even suggest a girl or two...of course that's not really what happens...or something...

So...I being my charming self, definately made friends with a few of the girls involved...since my cousin was the bride (not the same cousin as they were saying to get married, because this cousin already got married...got it? good)...her friends seemed to be all female...so of course, who would I make friends with myself, than her friends...anyway...so back to the story about west philadelphia, born and raised...

wrong story...anyway, so what's up with girls thinking that you're hitting on them just because you're nice and kinda chatty...as you all know, that's clearly not me...chatty, never...oh well...

anyway, maybe the girls didn't think I was hitting on them..maybe its just me...or them...whatever...anyway...so I'd like to make the statement...JUST BECAUSE I'M NICE TO YOU DOESN'T MEAN I AM HITTING ON YOU!

okay...so there's probably some people out there who are like whoa...really...yes, I know I think alot of myself...anyway, there might be someone out there who's allowed to think I'm hitting on them...maybe, maybe not...point being, if I was interested...you'd know...it wouldn't just be me being me, which is nice, really...I'm nice to just about everyone...just not the girls and guys who really are just jerks...everyone else...yeah, I'll be nice, cuz being mean sucks!

yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home